Karen Lawrie Acupuncture
Karen graduated from the College of Integrated Chinese Medicine, one of the most highly respected acupuncture colleges in Britain. Qualified in both Five Element Constitutional Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), the study of biomedical science also formed a large part of the degree course giving an understanding of Western medical diagnosis and their interpretation from a Chinese Medicine perspective. Karen also has a Level 3 Diploma in Anatomy & Physiology which has been of great value to her practice as an acupuncturist and has continued her professional development in the following specialist areas:
- Acupuncture for Fertility & IVF Support
- Managing the Menopause with Acupuncture
- Acupuncture for Insomnia
- Supporting Cancer Patients During Treatment and Beyond
- Treating Back Pain with Acupuncture
- Acupuncture for Arrhythmias
- Trigger Point Acupuncture for Musculoskeletal Injuries
- The Treatment of Sports & Musculoskeletal Injuries with Acupuncture
- Using Acupuncture to Help Children Thrive
- Tui Na – Chinese Therapeutic Massage
Karen’s interest in acupuncture grew from her own positive experiences of using it for a number of years and from her long standing interest in the Chinese principles of health, healing and wellbeing.
Prior to being an acupuncturist, Karen worked in healthcare marketing for many years. She currently lives in Henley with her husband and 2 children.