All patients may be seen subject to social distancing constraints, hygiene requirements, screening for Covid-19 and risks to the clinically vulnerable.
Before coming for your appointment
I will send you a Covid-19 pre-screening and consent form. If possible, this can be returned by email before your appointment, printed off and brought with you or if those options are not convenient completed at the start of the treatment before entering the treatment room. It asks you questions about your current health and any clinical vulnerability you might have.
If you or someone you live with develops symptoms of Covid-19 by the time of the appointment, please contact me before attending the clinic.
If you have any of the following 3 symptoms please do not come for your appointment:
- A new, continuous cough
- A high temperature
- A loss of taste or sense of smell
All healthcare environments have created new rules for patients to follow for everyone’s safety. Below are the measures that The British Acupuncture Council have advised be put in place during this phase of ‘careful practice’. Please read through them before coming for treatment and if you have any further questions, please let me know.
- Appointments have been spaced out so a social distance can be maintained between a patient’s arrival and departure.
- When you arrive, please wait for a text from me inviting you in, this will ensure the 2m social distance guideline.
- There will be hand sanitiser available for you to use immediately you enter the clinic.
In line with NHS guidelines, it is recommended that patients wear ordinary surgical masks in the clinic. If you don’t have one, I can provide one for you.
- As long as the 2m distancing rule is observed during the consultation face masks don’t need to be worn, however, once the treatment begins and this distance becomes less than 2m masks have to be worn by both patient and practitioner. Patients must not wear a mask in a face hole or cradle.
- In accordance with the government guidance, if wearing a mask cannot be tolerated or breathing will be made more difficult a mask does not have to be worn for a short period or for the duration of the appointment.
- Where possible please pay card machine or online.
After your appointment
- Please use the hand sanitiser on your way out.
- If you or anyone you live with or have had ‘close contact’ with develop symptoms of Covid 19 within 48 hours of attending your appointment please let me know.
Clinic Cleaning & Hygiene Procedures between patients:
All surfaces that patients may have come into contact with in any way, including touched, coughed or sneezed on will be appropriately disinfected.
Soft furnishings have been replaced with wipeable surfaces. Blankets, pillow cases and gowns will be changed for every patient.
Between patients the windows in the treatment room will be opened to ventilated the room with outside air.
When less than 2m apart from the patient I will be wearing a Type IIR fluid resistant surgical masks (FRSM).